Rain or shine, Talking Rocks Cavern in Branson, West is the perfect attraction for adventure-goers, cave lovers, and anyone interested in learning more about the natural phenomenon of Ozark caves.
During the hour-long tour, guests will learn about the cave’s discovery, its history, the mineral deposits to be found within, and other geological information. The cave guides are a big part of the experience as they are ready to answer guest questions, share intriguing facts and stories, and ensure everyone is having a good time!
While the below-ground cave attraction and tour are fascinating, the fun and discovery of Talking Rocks Cavern doesn’t stop there. Head above ground for Cave Country Mini-Golf, outdoor nature trails, and take home all of the gems you can find at the Rock Gift Shop!
Read on to learn more about Talking Rocks Cavern!
Talking Rocks Attractions
- Cave Country Mini-Golf: One of the more popular above-ground attractions, Cave Country Mini-Golf will have guests follow the course all the way to the 9th hole while learning interesting facts about sinking streams, groundwater, and more. Special discounts are available with cave tours!
- Gemstone Mining: Also called “sluicing,” gemstone mining is another educational activity available at Talking Rocks Cavern. Guests can purchase a bag of “mining rough” in the gift shop then head over to the sluicing troughs where they will learn how to recognize semi-precious minerals and gems from around the world. This hunt and discovery for the earth’s treasures is a fan favorite and definitely worth a try!
- SpeleoBoxes: Venture through a maze and let the kiddos explore along the winding, twisting passages of the SpeleoBoxes! Two are available on property and are a great way to stimulate cave exploration but with wood instead of rock. A fun activity for kids of all ages!
- Family Games: Before, or after the cave tour, there are plenty more above-ground activities to partake in including outdoor family games. The games are located on the hillside of Talking Rock property and are FREE for guests to enjoy with their cave ticket purchases. Guests will find supersized games to enjoy such as Jenga, Checkers, Chess, and Connect 4 and more traditional games and activities like ring toss, a rock scaling wall, cornhole, and a bean bag toss. Talking Rocks also has their own original games for guests to try out including Pool Noodle Javelin, Battle Pong, Ping-Pong Bounce, and Rain Gutter Relay.
- Rock Gift Shop: The spacious Rock and Gift Shop is a museum in its own right as it houses hundreds of colorful rocks, fossils, minerals, and one-of-a-kind items you’re likely not to find anywhere else. Other special items to be found at the Gift Shop are: ammonite, shark teeth, orthoceras, trilobites, and the classic “Crack your own” Moroccan geode. Home Decor for sale includes agate slices, amethyst pieces, Himalayan salt lamps, and candle holders.
- Nature Trails: Located in close vicinity to Talking Rocks are four nature trails for guests to walk and explore. Each trail has its own unique feature so guests will see things like natural spring areas, unique rock formations, and an observation tower where the panoramic views are more than worth the stairs!
What Others Are Saying About Talking Rocks
“Very fun cave trip, the tour guides are knowledgeable and comfortable doing their jobs and it shows with how friendly they are. The shop was beautiful, the cave even better! Definitely go!” – Sage Silcox, Google Reviews
“Liked the fluorescent rocks in the gift shop. Cave and tour were interesting. Very good close-up look at the formations.” – Gerry S., Google Reviews
“We went as a family to have a memorable Holiday Break. I had never been! We will go back to do even more. We did the cave tour, sluethed for gemstones & played mini-golf. Thoroughly loved it all!” Becky Gillen, Google Reviews
When planning your trip to Branson, Missouri or once you are here and looking for things to do, Talking Rocks Cavern is a must-see attraction located just minutes from Silver Dollar City in Branson West. Open Daily from 9:30 AM – 5:00. No reservations are required.
*Talking Rocks Cavern photographed on Oct. 7, 2017 in Branson West, Mo. Photo by Brad Zweerink*
Interested in visiting Branson, Missouri? Claim your FREE maps, discount tickets, and our exclusive Vacation Guide Here.